Ohio home warranty plans
Home warranty plans can benefit new home buyers, home sellers and current homeowners alike. Think of a home warranty plan as a service agreement that protects your home systems and major appliances, all while providing you peace of mind.
Note that a home warranty plan is not the same thing as homeowners insurance, although the two are often confused. Insurance protects the structure and contents of the home from catastrophic and unforeseen events (think natural disaster). On the other hand, a home warranty plan provides coverage for the repair or replacement due to the normal wear and tear of many high-value items in the home.
These plans come with annual or monthly payments. Homeowners often purchase them, but home sellers and real estate agents may also purchase them to make the home more attractive. Plans may cover appliances like clothes washers and dryers, built-in systems like heating and plumbing or both. So, if your washing machine suddenly stops draining, you won’t need to worry about how much it will cost you. The plan will help cover the cost.
Are you in the market for the best home warranty company in Ohio? Then, keep reading. This article covers everything you need to know about Ohio home warranty plans and gives you the information you need to find a plan that fits your needs.
Are home warranties worth it in Ohio?
Home warranty plans are worth it — particularly during a hot and humid summer day in Ohio. Picture your air conditioning on its last legs, barely keeping the home cool before it finally dies. Soon, you’re going to be covered in sweat as you check your bank account before calling prospective repair technicians, wondering just how many hundreds of dollars it’s going to cost for service fees and parts.
With a home warranty plan, the stress of a situation like that falls away. You no longer need to dread the next failed appliance or home system. You know you’re covered, and you pay your deductible at the time of the service request. Even better, a home warranty saves you when it comes to finding a contractor, as well. Cinch Home Services, for example, has over 18,000 vetted and licensed contractors in its network.
The benefits of Ohio home warranties are many. For one, they cover what homeowners insurance does not. Homeowners insurance policies cover damage caused by unpredictable catastrophes, such as flooding or fires. They won’t cover the normal wear and tear to major appliances or home system breakdowns. However, a home warranty will.
A sudden $200 to fix the garbage disposal or $1,000 to replace the water heater can destroy your budget. Thankfully, a home warranty should help cover these repairs and replacements. Home warranty companies also come with a network of vetted service technicians. So, when you move to a new home in Columbus, Cleveland or Cincinnati, you don’t need to find a qualified technician in your area to fix your furnace. You simply request a service call online and have it repaired quickly.
Home warranty plans available for Ohio homeowners
Ohio homeowners have many home warranty plans to choose from. As you shop for the right company, you’ll find that most break down their plan options into three basic varieties, similar to the following coverage plans from Cinch:
- Appliances: This basic plan covers the replacement and repair of major home appliances, including washers and dryers, cooktops, dishwashers, ice makers, microwaves, refrigerators, ovens and trash compactors.
- Built-in systems: This plan covers major systems that are part of the home, including built-in air conditioning and ductwork, ceiling fans, doorbells, electrical systems, garbage disposals, heating systems, plumbing systems, smoke detectors and sump pumps.
- Comprehensive: This comprehensive plan offers the best value and includes coverage from both plans along with up to $500 per year in homeowners insurance deductible reimbursement.
All Cinch plans come with additional benefits, including a 180-day workmanship guarantee, protection for unknown pre-existing conditions, rust and corrosion coverage and discounts on new appliances. Check out the Cinch home protection plans page to learn more about what’s covered and explore optional coverage and add-ons.
Specific coverage options you’ll want in Ohio
If you’re an Ohio resident, you may find certain optional coverages particularly useful due to the climate and common home features in the state. These coverage options include the following:
- Swimming pool: Help your family stay cool during the summer by keeping your swimming pool in optimal condition. Having a pool out of commission can not only make family members miserable, but if the pool has a leak, the chlorinated water can damage other parts of the pool structure or seep into the ground around the pool. Proper coverage allows you to repair any issues when you spot them.
- Septic tank: Your septic tank can experience a number of issues, including but not limited to clogging, blockages and a failing drain field. Don’t let your septic tank stink up your day when it breaks down.
- Spa: Your family may also rely on a spa to relax. A home warranty spa add-on can help cover the repair or replacement cost of plumbing electrical systems and other components, such as the pump.
Your local weather can impact the normal wear and tear on your major appliances and home systems. Ohio experiences some of the more extreme weather in the country, and extreme temperatures can cause home systems to wear out more quickly. A home warranty plan will make it easier to handle repair costs that pop up as the weather changes.
How much do home warranties cost in Ohio?
Home warranty plan pricing in Ohio depends on the options and coverage you choose and many other factors. Cinch lists starting prices as low as $27.99 per month for the appliances plan, $32.99 per month for the built-in systems plan and $39.99 per month for the complete home plan. Note that base prices can vary by region, and Ohio state and local sales taxes may also apply.
To get a better idea of how affordable home warranty coverage can be in Ohio, try a free quote. It takes as little as 10 seconds and begins with entering your ZIP code. Explore different plan deductibles and added coverage options.
Without a home warranty plan, you’re at the mercy of normal wear and tear, with an unexpected oven breakdown threatening to come between you and the money you saved for a weekend trip. What you pay out of pocket when a major appliance or home system needs unexpected repairs is likely to eclipse the annual cost of any home warranty plan, making the investment worth it.
Who is the best home warranty provider in Ohio?
What makes a particular home warranty provider the best is if they meet your needs better than any other company out there. This may be different for everyone, so take time to research plans before deciding. As you search, look closely at each of the following:
- Available plan options: When comparing home warranty offers from different companies, look closely at the covered items and make sure any particular coverage you’re seeking, such as coverage for your well pump, is included or can be added.
- BBB rating: For more than a century, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) has been advancing marketplace trust. Today, they provide detailed ratings of businesses on their website. Cinch, for example, has a rating of A- on a scale that runs from F (the lowest) to A+.
- Customer reviews: Reviews from other customers online can give you a sense of whether a prospective company is good to work with. Be sure to read reviews from multiple sources and look at what both the positive and negative reviewers have to say.
- Plan management: Once you have a plan, you’ll want the convenience of being able to make payments, check coverage and update your plan without the hassle of having to wait on hold with customer service. Make sure that prospective companies have an online plan management portal with convenient features.
- Service availability: A quality home warranty company will be available to handle service requests anytime, 24/7. Plumbing stoppages and broken HVAC systems don’t care what time it is. Read the service contract to make sure there are no hidden surprises.
- Plan price: You’ll want to compare prices between different companies and choose the one with the best deal. Note that the best deal is not always the cheapest plan. Sometimes, paying an extra $3 a month gives you significantly more coverage or a lower deductible.
At Cinch, we’re proud to say we check off all the traits listed above. With more than 40 years in the business of home warranties, our customers don’t have to worry about digging through the fine print to find any hidden exclusions. All of our plans are easy to understand, and we can help you personalize your coverage to ensure you have what you need to be covered.
Protect your Ohio home with a home warranty today