Best home warranty in New Jersey
Homeowners in New Jersey understand that owning their own home is rewarding and an investment they want to maintain and enhance. Homes come with a variety of systems and appliances that require regular maintenance to run smoothly. If something happens to one of these critical systems, it can cause considerable disruption to your household.
Home warranties can provide peace of mind for homeowners. We’ll walk you through how to find the best home warranty in New Jersey and explain what makes this such an important investment. From a basic plan to comprehensive coverage, here is what you need to know.
Why opt for a home warranty in New Jersey?
New Jersey might not be a vast state, but it has plenty to offer. New Jersey has a little something for everyone, from a coastline people flock to all summer to cities and farmland. However, the state’s climate makes residents think carefully about the value of a home warranty.
Those who live in the state know that New Jersey can experience a variety of temperature extremes. Summers become very hot and muggy, making air conditioning essential. Winters come with frigid, snowy days, making heat critical for overall comfort.
An appliance or critical home-system breakdown or failure can cause a tremendous disturbance in daily life. As a homeowner, you want to enjoy spending time with your friends and family at your home without worrying whether your home systems will work despite using them heavily.
Home warranties have also become popular in real estate. If you want to sell your home, many homebuyers like to see a warranty service available to them. Homebuilders have the opportunity to reassure buyers through their quality craftsmanship and by partnering with a warranty provider.
New Jersey residents who invest in home warranties to help protect their home appliances and systems can feel prepared for unexpected home expenses.
How to find the best home warranty in New Jersey
Once you’ve decided that investing in a New Jersey home warranty is your best path forward, you’re ready to find the perfect plan for your home.
Follow a few key steps to help you find the plan that fits your needs:
- Identify what you want to be covered: Make a list of the appliances and systems you rely on most in your home. For example, most New Jersey residents will make sure their HVAC system is covered. Consider whether you want additional coverage to include your septic tank, well pump or other items.
- Compare providers: Take advantage of free quotes from different providers and compare the average cost of different home warranty companies. You can also read home warranty reviews and look at specific plans to see which major systems and appliances are covered. You’ll also want to note any exclusions and add-on coverage options. Ask if you will need to pay any service-call fees.
- Make your selection: Choose the best plan based on the coverage you receive, the customer service provided and the plan’s cost.
Following these steps will help you prioritize the parts of your home warranty that matter the most and ensure you get a plan you love.
Cinch home warranty plan options
Cinch Home Services offers New Jersey residents various warranty plans to help customers find the coverage they need. Each plan prioritizes different parts of the home so you can align your coverage needs with a plan that suits you. Let’s explore some Cinch home warranty plans so you can find the one that fits your needs the best.
Our Appliances Plan helps you protect essential appliances throughout your home in case of a breakdown.
This option will cover critical home appliances you rely on every day, including:
- Clothes washers and dryers
- Food centers (built-in)
- Freestanding ice makers
- Microwaves (built-in)
- Range exhaust hoods
- Trash compactors (built-in)
- Wall ovens
This plan includes two important bonuses. First, you get a credit toward your air conditioner or water filter. Cinch will also send you a water sensor to detect leaks quickly so you can avoid home damage and a rising water bill.
This plan helps provide critical home protection. Think about how disruptive it would be if your refrigerator or cooktop suddenly stopped working and you’ll see the value of investing in this type of home warranty plan.
Our Built-in Systems Plan covers vital home systems that keep your living space comfortable. Having access to these critical systems (like air conditioning and a water heater) is essential to maintaining the quality of life for those living in New Jersey. This protection plan will help you keep critical systems functioning.
Some of the important systems covered under this plan include:
- Air conditioning including ductwork
- Attic or ceiling fans
- Central vacuums
- Electrical system
- Garage door openers
- Garbage disposals
- Heating system, including ductwork
- Instant hot/cold water dispenser
- Plumbing system
- Smoke detectors
- Sump pump
- Water heater
- Whirlpool/jetted tub (built-in)
With this plan, you can also get a credit for your air conditioner or water filter and a water sensor to help protect your home from water leaks.
Our Complete Home plan brings together all of the systems and appliances covered in the Appliances Plan and the Built-in Systems Plan.
In addition to receiving all of the same coverage, plus an air conditioner or water filter credit and water sensor that comes with the earlier plans, this plan also provides a homeowners insurance deductible reimbursement. This reimbursement can help you save a bit more on your insurance costs and secure the protection you need.
How home warranties work in New Jersey
Cinch provides customers with excellent coverage options and qualified service technicians to help take care of your home. That includes a simple process for making a service request.
If you have a problem with an appliance or home system, go through the following steps:
- Check your warranty coverage to see if Cinch covers this particular need.
- Contact us either online or by phone to let us know about the problem.
- We will use our extensive list of vetted, qualified technicians to find one near you to help fix the problem.
Once you pay the preset deductible at the time of the service call, our technician will reach out to schedule a time for your appointment as quickly as possible.
- The technician will get your appliance or system repaired or replaced as needed.
We want to make our service claims process as convenient and straightforward for our customers as possible.
Discover the best New Jersey home warranty options from Cinch Home Services
When you start looking for home warranty options, you want to find the one that fits your needs best. Get started with your search by learning more about the plans you can get from Cinch. Discover the peace of mind that comes with knowing your home has the protection it needs.
New Jersey home warranty FAQ
Certain questions and concerns frequently arise for New Jersey residents looking at home warranty coverage options. Let’s explore some common questions we hear as people look for the best New Jersey home warranty.
What is the difference between a home warranty and home insurance?
While a home warranty and home insurance sound similar, the two types of plans have several differences that homeowners should understand.
- Requirements: Home insurance is generally required for homeowners, especially if they have a mortgage. A warranty is not required.
- Coverage: Home insurance helps cover major structural defects or damage to the home. Home warranties focus on repairs caused by normal wear on the home’s systems and appliances.
- Emergencies: Home insurance can help with coverage for theft or fire. Warranties help with emergencies that occur because a critical home system has failed.
New Jersey homeowners should note that home warranties and home insurance plans cover two different parts of home ownership. Therefore, having both can help homeowners like you ensure your home has the protection it needs for genuine peace of mind.
How much do home warranties cost in New Jersey?
New Jersey home warranty costs vary depending on the type of coverage you purchase. With Cinch, for example, some homeowners will want to focus on covering their major home systems. Other homeowners will want to secure coverage for the entire home. These choices are based on the frequency of use, budget and level of home investment.
What does a home warranty cover?
Home warranty coverage will vary depending on the type of warranty you select. When you shop for your home warranty, you will have the chance to view different plans that cover different parts of your home. Pick the plan that fits best for your home. You can request a quote today based on your needs!