Colorado home warranty options
Whether you’re a new home buyer, home seller or current homeowner, finding a Colorado home warranty plan can provide you peace of mind. A home warranty plan helps homeowners avoid unexpected expenses associated with the everyday use of home systems and major appliances.
Home warranty plans provide coverage where homeowners insurance does not. While insurance may cover damage to your home and its contents caused by the forces of nature or some unforeseen catastrophe, home warranty plans cover the costs of normal wear and tear of home appliances — including your clothes washer and dryer — or built-in home systems like your heating system.
These plans may be paid for annually or monthly and purchased by homeowners or by home sellers or real estate agents who would like to sweeten the deal. With a home warranty plan in place, you won’t need to worry about the unexpected expense of a malfunctioning garbage disposal. Instead, the plan will cover it.
Keep reading if you’re on a mission to find the best home warranty company in Colorado. This article provides you everything you need to know about home warranty plans so that you can find one that’s right for you.
Are home warranties worth it in Colorado?
A home warranty plan is worth it — particularly when it comes to unexpected expenses. In the middle of a bitter Colorado winter, the last thing you want is your heating system to go out. Such events can leave a question in the air of just how much it will cost to fix. Will it be a few hundred dollars for the service fee and parts? A few thousand? Do you even know any decent repair people?
With a home warranty plan, there’s no need to panic. As long as your policy is up to date, you can put in a service request right away. At that time, you’ll pay a deductible. You may also have non-covered or incidental charges, such as for permits, hauling away defective equipment and refrigerant.
Other benefits of having a home warranty in Colorado include the following:
- Complements insurance coverage with complete protection: Homeowners insurance policies cover damage caused by unplanned or unexpected events, such as severe weather or fire. They won’t cover damages to major appliances or home system breakdowns unless that damage directly results from the unexpected event. On the other hand, a home warranty will. Adding home warranty coverage makes your entire home protection more complete.
- Eliminates surprise expenses: If you’re like many, you budget carefully for your expenses. A sudden $200 to fix the refrigerator or $1,000 to replace the sump pump can mess up your finances. With a home warranty, you should only pay a deductible to cover these repairs and replacements.
- Provides access to vetted service technicians: Home warranty companies like Cinch Home Services have a network of vetted service technicians. So, when you move to a new home in Denver or Colorado Springs, you don’t need to find a qualified provider in your area to fix your water heater. You simply request a service call online and have it repaired quickly.
Home warranty plans available for Colorado homeowners
Home warranty plans in Colorado come in many shapes and sizes, and homeowners have multiple companies to choose from. Most companies break down their plans into three basic categories, like those offered by Cinch:
- Appliances coverage: This most basic plan includes protection for major home appliances, such as washers and dryers, cooktops, dishwashers, ice makers, microwaves, refrigerators, ovens and trash compactors. It covers replacement and repair.
- Built-in systems coverage: This plan generally includes the replacement and repair of major systems built into the home. It often includes coverage of built-in air conditioning and ductwork, ceiling fans, doorbells, electrical systems, garbage disposals, heating systems, plumbing systems, smoke detectors and sump pumps.
- Combined coverage: Comprehensive coverage plans include coverage of both major appliances and built-in systems, along with up to $500 per year in homeowners insurance deductible reimbursement.
Each plan above includes a 180-day workmanship guarantee, protection for unknown pre-existing conditions, rust and corrosion coverage and discounts on new appliances. Visit the Cinch protection plans page to learn more about what’s covered and explore optional add-ons, like septic systems.
Specific coverage options you’ll want in Colorado
If you’re a Colorado homeowner, certain optional coverages may prove particularly useful due to the climate and common features of homes in your state. These coverage options include the following:
- Air conditioning: Air conditioning makes warm Colorado summers that much more tolerable. A broken air conditioner can leave you miserable, but so can the expense of repair unless you have coverage.
- Heating system: Colorado winters can also quickly become unbearable without heat. You’ll want to make especially sure that all the important features of your home heating system are covered.
- Garage door opener: Keeping your car in a garage is a good way to protect it from the elements. Ensure a working garage door by including it in your plan.
The local weather conditions where you live can impact the life span of your appliances and home systems. Many regions in Colorado experience freezing cold winters. Extreme temperatures can cause home systems to wear out more quickly. Home warranty plans ease the burden of repair costs that pop up as the weather changes.
How much do home warranties cost in Colorado?
Colorado home warranty prices vary and depend on the plan and coverage you choose. Cinch’s plans start as low as $27.99 per month for the Appliances Plan, $32.99 per month for the Built-in Systems Plan and $44.99 per month for the Complete Home Plan, which includes air, heat and a garage door opener for no additional cost. Note that these base prices can vary by region. In Colorado, state and local sales taxes may also apply.
Get a better idea of how affordable home warranty coverage can be in Colorado by getting a free quote. Start by entering your ZIP code, then select your desired plan and deductible. Choose additional coverage options as needed and receive an immediate estimate, all in as little as 10 seconds.
Home warranty plans not only can provide peace of mind but also save you money. Compare what you’d have to pay out of pocket if a major appliance or home system needs unexpected repairs to the annual cost of a home warranty plan, and you’ll quickly realize the investment is worth it.
Who is the best home warranty provider in Colorado?
What determines whether a particular home warranty provider is the best can vary depending on your home warranty needs. In your search for the right company, take each of the following into consideration:
- What plan options are available: Look closely at the different home warranty offers from each company. Know what your plan options are to better compare and verify any particular coverage you’re seeking, such as coverage for your garage door.
- Look up Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings: A great place to check on the quality of a home warranty company is through the Better Business Bureau’s (BBB) online ratings.
- Check online reviews: Online reviews provide a better sense of customer experience with a warranty company. Always source reviews from multiple sites to get the best possible picture.
- Explore whether you can access your plan online: You don’t want to struggle with managing your plan once you have it. Make sure any prospective company has an easy-to-use online portal for plan management and payments. The last thing you want is a lengthy call to a customer service line every time you need to look something up or make a change.
- Check service availability: Plumbing stoppages and exploding water heaters don’t care what time it is. An ideal plan should have 24/7 availability. Look into service contract agreements, as well. You don’t want a company that makes you wait days on a repair.
- Plan pricing: Comparing prices between different companies is important, but the lowest cost shouldn’t be your only consideration. Always weigh pricing against features and coverage. Saving $2 per month on coverage may not be worth it if your plan doesn’t cover as much.
Cinch aligns with all of the points mentioned above. With more than 40 years of experience, we know what it takes to protect your major appliances and systems from normal wear and tear.
Find the perfect home warranty for your Colorado home today
Cinch has a variety of plan options to choose from so that you can customize one to meet your needs. Request service any time you need it, and we’ll send out someone from our pool of over 18,000 professionals right away. Learn how affordable coverage is with a free quote for your Colorado home today.